VII FILM AND EDUCATION FORUM
Under the umbrella of the use of cinema as an educational tool, each year we choose a topic to study in depth. This year we reflect, with the help of invited professionals, on access to culture through new technologies.
ICTs are part of the life of students, the content that reaches students through these ICTs, are shaping agents of their mentality.
What reason would there be for not studying this intersection of languages, for not dwelling on the importance of new technologies in the school context?
Think and share the challenges involved in understanding the use of these new devices, their bidirectional nature, their key nature in the analysis of contemporary society.
You can download here a brief dialogue plan of the Forum.
Esther Uria Iriarte. She has a doctorate in education with a professional career in Performing Arts. She is currently a professor at the UPV and a member of the GANDERE research group. She also chairs the association Unibertsitateko Eszena Arteak (unea).
Professor and researcher at the UPV / EHU. Her research and teaching career is mainly associated with teacher training, pedagogical innovation and research and learning of the visual arts in educational contexts.
Josian Llorente, graduated in “Art Electrónic i Disseny Digital” at the Media Center for Art and Design MECAD-ESDI, has worked as a digital facilitator, technological educator and cultural manager in projects that involve citizen, social and creative uses of technology in spaces maker and medialabs in the cultural, educational and university fields.
A lifetime enjoying as a teacher and engaged in various tasks of coordination and direction. Convinced of the great impact that audiovisual has on the training of people and interested in the great potential of cinema as an educational tool to promote knowledge, a critical spirit and the construction of values.
Joanna Empain, video artist, professor and researcher at the Faculty of Education Sciences of the Autonomous University of Barcelona, is currently working on analyzing / rethinking pedagogical relationships and learning spaces from critical and feminist perspectives, using research methodologies (audio ) visual, narrative, and arts-based.
- Forum 2015: Round table discussion regarding various experiences of cinema in the classroom at the state level.
- Forum 2016: The first Begiradak Festival Cinema and Education Forum came about with the aim of proposing concrete initiatives to promote working with cinema in the classroom. We brought together representatives from different backgrounds regarding making cinema in the classroom at the national level, used as a starting point for reflection in promoting audiovisual education in schools.
- Forum 2017: We promoted this space for reflection and debate. More than twenty-five educators and students from all over Spain participated, with the aim of providing a point of view not only cinematographic, but didactic and innovative, reinforcing education in schools.
- Forum 2018: We showed an audiovisual example directed towards teachers and institutional representatives in order to show how different educational skills can be worked on when carrying out an audiovisual exercise; how to work with cinema in the classroom.
- Forum 2019: This year the Forum was dedicated to human rights. For this, we screened the human rights themed short films made by secondary school and high school students and held a Q&A session after. Students, teachers, film professionals and institutional representatives participated in the debate and valued the experience of working with and through cinema.